Friday, June 22, 2012

About ME

Welcome I am a high school science teacher from Brevard, NC.  Just completed my 7th year teaching mainly 9th grade Earth/Environmental Science and 9th/10th/11th grade Biology.  I also help with the T.I.M.E. program (think year long science fair class) and co-sponser the InterAct Club (community service). I graduated from UNC-Greensboro in '06 with a degree in Biology with Secondary Education and concentrations in Environmental Studies and Geology.  Decided to find a job back in the mountains of Western NC, close to where I grew up, and have been here ever since.  I'm not married, no kids, but I do have a cat named Ayla.
In my free time I spend the majority of it outdoors-camping, hiking, and whitewater canoeing.  I'm also really into music and playing the guitar and (just starting) mandolin.  Always reading something, exploring new places
and ideas.

Thought I Would Give Those Who Haven't Been To Western NC A Little Sampling Of Places In/Around Brevard
Rainbow Falls in Gorges State Park
On Top Of Sam Knob, Blue Ridge Parkway

View from John's Rock, Pisgah National Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment