Sunday, June 24, 2012

Purpose and Introduction

For my Web Tools online class this summer we were asked to create several online profiles and pages as starting points for exploring the use of these tools in our classrooms. For now I have created a Twitter account, set up another gmail account that then linked to Google+, and constructed this blog. Through-out the class I will be using this blog as a place to reflect on various assignments, articles, ideas, suggestions, etc. related to the use of technology in the classroom.

When I think of technology in the classroom endless possibilities come to mind. I think I am pretty proficient (being the one most others in the dept. come to for help) with the basics and open to the new stuff. I took a class Fall '10 on using online resources with Earth Systems and created four new lessons using databases and online material- I found those to be successful in the classroom. I am lucky enough to be supported by our school, having six computers in my classroom currently, and next year every student will have a Google Chromebook for use in/out of the classroom. Therefore, there will be a dramatic shift to use of online resources in our classroom and I am eager to jump on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment